Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain

It rained today. And when I say rain, I really mean it poured.

It was as if the heavens opened up, and brought every last ounce of liquid that it had been storing. As the rain started to beat down harder and harder, everyone stood in doors and windows, watching in awe. Eventually a couple of people just took off running…within seconds they were soaked. But as they ran their screams became infectious and you could tell that everyone else wanted to join in…no one did.

Storms have a way of showing us God’s great power. It’s unfortunate that too often the only way we see His power is through the intensity found in nature. I wonder what it would be like if our lives were lived out with the same beauty that is found in nature. The type of life that just rains down God’s presence because of what He has done for us. It says in Ephesians 2:10 that we are “God’s workmanship”, His art. The preceding verses say that, “Because of His great love for us, God, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead.”

The only way that I can become God’s workmanship, His beauty, His art, is if I first realize that I was once spiritually dead and now, because of His great love, the rain falls down and I know that I have been washed clean.

No comments: