Monday, October 4, 2010

Piece of Work

It says in Ephesians 2:10 that we are “God’s workmanship”. I’ve always thought this passage was cool, because my entire life I’ve been called a piece of work, and because of this verse I can simply say, “Thank You!” The Greek word translated “workmanship” is poiema, which when translated into English is the word poem. It means, “that which is made, a manufactured product.” I’ve always looked at my faith and life as a work in progress, I’m by no means where I want to be, but I’m constantly trying to walk in the right direction. It helps me to think that God looks at my life as a work of art; my job is to paint and bring color to life.

How have you brought color and life to others around you today?

Know that you are a “peace of work”…God is the artist and you are the brush.

No comments: