Monday, October 13, 2008

The Kevin story from a recent talk...



The story is funny but every time we tell ourselves that "we can't do it",
we are beating ourself up.
"It" can be a number of things, big or small.

"I'm not good enough."
"I'm afraid of failure."
"I'm not smart enough."
"I'm afraid what people will say about me."
"I'm not good looking enough."

"I'm afraid of..."
"I can't...

Each comment and thought that tears you down is a step away from God's calling. We are made in God's image, therefore, we DO have what it takes to do something HUGE. Risk, live, grow, learn and challenge your self to live in such a way that your life matters.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

funny stuff dude. i remember this story!

Unknown said...

it's true those fears do keep us from achieving fully what God may have for us. I love how you find unforgetable, funny ways to bring home a great point!

Anonymous said...

Great story, Paul! I've seen both of my boys do something similar. You got the laugh down perfectly!