Friday, October 10, 2008

Nets, Food & Life

Last year I visited Malawi, Africa and was really struck with the intensity of nothingness.

I've traveled all over the world and seen all kinds of devastation and hurt. But this was the first time that all around me people were dying for stupid reasons. It's ridiculous that a child dies every 30 seconds simply because of a mosquito bite. One $10 mosquito net literally can save the lives of at least 5 people.

It's inexcusable that they are having to deal with massive starvation. A Malawian friend told me of a family who was forced to sell their youngest child for two bags of corn. Their family was so desperate that they were forced to make such a decision just so the rest of the family could live. This is not ok.


The economy in America is "crashing" and "falling apart".

I guarantee you, however, that none of us are being forced to sell our children for food. None of us, most likely, can even understand such desperation.

John 10:10 says:
"I have come so that you may have life, and have it to the full."

I think God wants us to do something to correct the injustices that are going on all around us. I believe that He wants us to do more, to become uncomfortable and to live in such a way that we give the hurting in this world a chance to have a life that is full.

Speak Love, Act Love, Live Love - Change the World
www.whatislivelove.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dig the new setup!